Welcome International Sail and Power Association Instructors
The Association plans sail and power Instructor Clinics,
courses, and seminars to meet the needs of our members and
- 1. Basic and intermediate level Competent Crew/Day
- 2. Advanced level Coastal Skipper;
- 3. Specialized courses for Yachtmaster
- 4. Refresher seminars for existing Instructors
wishing to update their knowledge of teaching standards and
Instructors with experience and registered certifications as
sail and power boat operators will have the opportunity to
qualify as instructors in both disciplines if successful in
cross-over courses. This will enable qualified Instructors to
offer their services to cover a range of School requirements.
AS AN International Sail and Power Association CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR YOU ARE:
- Enhancing your career development potential as a
- Qualified to teach and certify students to uniform
Canadian Standards which are internationally recognized.
- Playing an important role in improving the safety,
quality and extent of educational opportunities for the
- A member of a professional organization which provides
you with teaching materials and services, a centralized
certification authority, continuing education programs for
International Sail and Power Association Instructors, member discounts on useful products and
services, and a wide variety of other benefits.
- Recognized as a leader in sail education.
You may enroll in an instructor clinic if you have the ambition
to be a true sailing professional and are an International Sail and Power Association member in good
- Are 18 years of age or older
Possess the pre requisites of the level at which you wish to
Have teaching experience or can demonstrate an aptitude for
clearly communicating sailing to the novice and advanced
Are capable of performing to the Standards as stated in the
International Sail and Power Association Log Book.